Our brand works with environment friendly materials such as ECONYL® and OEKO TEX certified Organic Cotton. Our long-term goal is to support our world’s sustainability on a broad scale level and choosing the right material was no question at all. It's very important to us that women who wear our pieces feel self-confident and great in their skin. All the Fanna pieces are ment for those environmentally and health conscious women who want to get the maximum out of themselves.
OEKO-TEX® CERTIFIED ORGANIC COTTON
The Oeko Tex cotton fabric is fabric that uses standard cotton but has been certified free from hazardous chemicals and is therefore deemed safe. Most makers and brands use fabric that is certified on the 'Oeko Tex 100 Standard' which deemed products baby and child safe. Therefore by choosing Oeko-Tex certified Organic Cotton material for our pieces, we support reducing the environmental footprint and most importantly safe work & better livelihoods.
- 80% reduction in water consumption
- 80% reduction in energy consumption
- Reducing carbon dioxide emissions to the atmosphere ess soil and water pollution
- Better land fertility
- Beneficial impact on the health of farmers and their families
- When growing ordinary cotton, about 10% of all chemicals used in global agriculture are used - no such agents are used in the production of bio-cotton.
- Among the undoubted advantages of organic cotton are its properties, such as unusual softness and delicacy in the grip, which, thanks to the greater strength of the fibers, is possible even after repeated washing.
Econyl is created from synthetic waste such as industrial plastic, waste fabric, and fishing nets from oceans, then recycled and regenerated them into a new nylon yarn that is exactly the same quality as virgin nylon. It can be recycled, recreated and remoulded again and again, which means you can create new products and buy new products without having to use new resources.
For every 10 000 tons of ECONYL® raw material, we are able to save 70 000 barrels of crude oil and avoid 57 000 tonnes of CO2 eq. emissions. As well as being a solution on waste, ECONYL® regenerated nylon is also better when it comes to climate change. It reduces the global warming impact of nylon by up to 80% compared with the material from oil.
Process behind the material:
- Rescue The ECONYL® Regeneration System starts with rescuing waste, like fishing nets, fabric scraps, carpet flooring and industrial plastic from landfills and oceans all over the world. That waste is then sorted and cleaned to recover all of the nylon possible.
- Regenerate Through a radical regeneration and purification process, the nylon waste is recycled right back to its original purity. That means ECONYL® regenerated nylon is exactly the same as virgin nylon.
- Remake ECONYL® regenerated nylon is processed into carpet yarn and textile yarn for the fashion and interior industries.
- Reimagine The beauty of ECONYL® regenerated nylon is that it has the potential to be recycled infinitely, without ever losing its quality. We believe circular design is the future and using ECONYL® is our first step on that journey.